Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The ultimate things I never want to forget in my journey

Somthing everyone needs to hear! From my heart, somthing I never want to forget. Especialy for moms :0)

Us moms need to remember that ultimately our kids are no one but God's! Test scores or anything else for that matter mean nothing! and as a homschooler I know some truths about this. Not fitting the mold is not always a bad thing. Think of some of the richest most creative people in the world and even more importantly look at some of the happiest and most Godly people in the world! Some of the most amazing and strong God trusting people I've met have lived lives I would never even want to touch. Don't forget to give your kids to God mama's. The only way you are going to find permanent peace in anything is to talk to God and lay your children at His feet, and trust Him. God will tell you to let things go, and 'only He' will be able to give you the peace and strength you need to do so. You are going to ware yourself out to nothing holding on to such huge worries that were never meant for you to carry. God wants all of those worries. They are His not yours and there will not be peace till you seek Him and truly TRUST Him. You will be amazed at how He will reassure you! No one can reassure you but Him through your personal time with Him and your willingness to listen. Have you ever thought of re-dedicating your children to the Lord? Just like a new parent of a baby does? It would be a beautiful thing :0) God will never leave our children or forsake them, and they need to know that even more then they needs to be reassured that you will never leave them or forsake them. Only God is the ultimate promise keeper! The best thing in the world you will ever be able to give your kids is a firm foundation in who there heavenly daddy is. Without confidence in there God, education and anything else will be useless in the end. It's how we learn to deal with everything life can throw at us that makes us children of God rise above the world. There is something very strong and special that God has placed in our kids to bring them through this world and still have the amazing hearts that they do. They must be stubborn in knowing what is good despite things around them, and they will always have that. That alone will protect them so much and you are truly blessed for that. '2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind'. Were the strong ones because we know we have God no matter how we are and what we do or don't do and what things we have to struggle through in life. God will be the 1 thing in there life that will make all the most horrible things you could imagine have no grounds! It's not about the world any more, it's about there eternally loving father and there future forever dwelling place in Gods kingdom! You need to trust God and they need to trust God, and the number one way for them to learn that is to see you walk it out parents. They will sense things from you mommy's and you really need to give them to God and walk confidently. Were Gods children, were already lifted up on His shoulders above all of those things. He is our ROCK and our foundation. Go through His promises and remember thet that is for 'your children'! and trust Him. Now let it Go, and enjoy your little ones the way God made you too enjoy them, the way that He has placed on your heart from the beginning! has the enemy stole that from you with your good intentions? He is sneaky! Enjoy your children just the way God made them and trust Him. He knew all the stuff that would happen before they were even born.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you (and your children)," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I am really hoping that I am not coming off to harsh. I just know that this is something I really needed to hear strait out when I started panicking about my kids. And trust me, did I panic and cry and worry better then anyone I've met yet. lol It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be free from that so that I can just be the loving mother God made me to be. My kids peace and reassurance, not there worrier and anxiety bringer. my kids actually started displaying stress, and they were so young, and I had no clue that they were worried because they always sensed I was worried (even though I made sure to say nothing in front of them about my worries). And Isaac is a high anxiety kid now because he worries allot about everything because he can't get it perfect or the way he thinks it should be. I missed the mark on that one. But thank goodness God is bigger and He is more then fixing things in wonderful ways, What a wonderful thing that Isaac gets to learn at such a young age how nothing has to be perfect and that we know nothing, only God does and all we have to do is listen to Him and enjoy the way God made us and the things we can and can't do. Just live in Joy and trust Him, no matter what the world tells us!
PS moms, after your talk with God you will be happy for you husbands stubbornness and appreciate His way of dealing with things on a whole new level. Thank you God for giving us men that we don't understand. The more we grow and learn, the more we appreciate that God made them that way :0) and the more thankful we are that they were not made like us, because we need them just the way they are. If he is being stronger in worrisome situations then your comfortable with, than don't try to talk him into worrying (like I did. lol) Just lean on him, trust him and draw on his strength. If we can learn to do this he really can be our knight in shining armor more then he knows. lol I know that with my crazy pregnancy hormones and freaking out about miscarriages, that I can definitely appreciate his lack of worry and over calmness about the situation. But I will tell you that it took allot of work and growing for me to have come to a place were I can draw strength from that now and really lean on his shoulder and find rest through all this :0) It's the most amazing thing in the world to give up control or authority in things for us mamas, but until you experience it, it is also one of the hardest things in the world to let go of. I'm so glad that God loves me and gave me such a joyful husband NO MATTER WHAT life throws at us. It's strange to think that NOTHING drove me crazier then that before. lol I guess we really have to trust that God new what He was doing when he made them the heads of the household :0)
I love you guys!!!

Remember you can seek God in every little detail. We need to seek Him daily or we will always run the risk of missing the mark. It's really an amazing thing! He will show us what to do and what not to do yet. He can tell us how to do it and what to seek. When to be gentle and when to be firm, he knows far better reason behind this then we will ever... See More see or understand. He can point us o the right people and things. He can show us things were doing that we don't see, from tone of voice, to eating habits, to attitudes, to routines. We can seek Him moment to moment in everything and it also helps us have discipline and conviction in not being lazing or giving leeway in even the little things that add up. The little things are what builds habits remember ;) He can tell you what to research and what to let go. He can tell you what to seek and what to avoid. AND WE DON'T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT! We get to grow in this too and in our faith, and trust that he is our ultimate designer and knows even better then us. And if you don't know what he's saying or don't know if it's just you, then get into your bible. It is His living word remember! Tell your husband you need him to pray about it separately and then come together talk about what each of you got and then pray together. Sometimes it could mean he wants you to step out and talk to another person who's been there. Or start to step out in faith and find the answer along the way. Sometimes if you can't get a clear answer, he will give you a next step in finding it, like a person to talk to or something else. He has different ways of helping us grow too that he knows we will learn and grow best from sometimes. If you start to get over taken by things that are not from God that get mad at the devil. Ask for forgiveness and then tel the enemy that your not allowing him to do that anymore and that he has to leave in the name of Jesus! It's so beautiful when we can get so good at this that we can hear the holy spirits leading from moment to moment with big results. Like letting them be late for school because God says you really need to listen to your child this morning or pray with her about something. He will guide you in what relationships and friendships to pray for and what encounters to ask for. It's so good to check in with him on any everyday thing you do in your life to make sure a routine that seamed good or right is not actually a hindrance we would never have seen. It will be so amazing to come to a place were we have Gods heart and God's love and we can do the things that are truly near to His heart instead of only seeing the everyday things of the world. THIS IS AMAZING! To top it off, as hard as this all sounds, He actually promises us that as we trust Him and take on His will, that His yoke is easier and His burden is light! Do we really believe this? i don't know how many times I drove myself nuts only to wish that I had just seeked God in the first place instead of waiting till I was desperate and couldn't take it any more. I am currently trying to build new habits for my home with flylady, and God has shown me that this is good. But the ultimate habit he want me to build is this one! Remember it takes time to build a habit, Be consistent and committed through the hard part for 30 to 40 days and then don't stop. Nothing else is more important, but EVERYTHING else will fall into alignment with this one habit. It's worth it!

One more thing that came to mind for you. ask God to show you the benefits your beautiful child will have in life because of the unique things he's placed in them. From the heart he's given them, to gifts, to attitudes, to her spirit, and stubbornness. Ask Him to show you the blessing and strengths He's going to use these in. It will give you ... See Moresomething to be excited about! It will take away some worry because God has shown you new things to focus on. I love you guys, Take it easy girl and don't forget to love yourself, so that your children can draw on that and what's really important :0) SMILE!
PS, it's hard to smile after going to bed at 3am. lol It's hard to think strait too. I am sooo bad in this area. lol 1 more goal I'm adding to my list (sigh) lol

Angeleen :0)

No comments: